Lunarpages is practically an old-timer in the field of hosting, but don’t count them out. That experience and their long-time focus on customer service makes them worthy of serious consideration. They provide fast and effect service through forums, website ticketing, email and phone. Their recent upgrade of their shared Unix plans puts them back in the game in terms of storage and transfer as well. I recommend them without hesitation.
Historically, Lunarpages only offered Unix shared hosting, and their experience in this area shows. They offer two shared Unix plans, although the Basic plan will be adequate for most sites. The Business plan gives you four free-for-life domains (versus one with the basic plan), but is very overpriced. Both plans include the Fantastico script library, unlimited MySQL databases, streaming media, shopping carts, and so on. In addition, support for ASPs and JSPs/servlets is available, the latter through the Resin JSP XML engine. And all of this is running on Xeon servers. It’s a setup that can handle pretty much anything you throw at it.
Lunarpages now offers a very competitive shared Windows plan. Instead of CPanel and Fantastico, you get Plesk with Power Pack, so you can still easily install a lot of popular scripts. As well as unlimited MySQL databases, unlimited MS SQL databases are included. In short, they’ve done what a lot of hosts have failed to do: make their Windows plan almost as good as their Unix plans.
All of their shared plans also include a massive bundle of tools from CoffeeCup Software. There are 22 packages included, ranging from simple utilities to generate Google sitemaps to webcam and video playing tools to make your site stand out. As far as add-ons go, this is a pretty sweet deal.
Unix, Fantastico, Unlimited MySQL databases, Agora cart, osCommerce, ASP, JSP/Resin, PHP, Perl, Ruby on Rails, $700 FREE CoffeeCup Design Software
Same as Basic, plus ASP and JSP.
|Windows||5000 MB||400 GB||Unlimited||$8.95||
Windows, Plesk with Power Pack, Unlimited MySQL and MS SQL databases, Agora cart, osCommerce, ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, Perl.
For people shopping for a dedicated server, it is nice to see Lunarpages join the market. Their servers are more powerful than a lot of their competitors’ without cranking the prices up to match. And if you don’t feel up to playing system administrator, you can have them manage your server for just ten bucks more per month. A nice deal.
|Plan Name||Processor||Storage||Transfer||Memory||IPs|| Linux
|Dedicated I||2.0GHz Celeron||80 GB||1,000 GB||512 MB||2||$99||$134|
|Dedicated II||2.8GHz Pentium 4||120 GB||1,500 GB||1024 MB||2||$130||$165|
|Dedicated III||2.66GHz Xeon 4||200 GB||2,000 GB||1024 MB||2||$210||$245|
Lunarpages provides some of the best customer service I’ve seen and the result is over 70,000 happy customers. Support is available by phone, email, and online tickering, and there is also a forum where other customers are very willing to help each other out. This broad spectrum of support measures means that any comments, questions, or problems are answered quickly and helpfully. If you’ve been around, you know that this is not typical of all web hosts.
What the Reviewers Say
- “While most companies talk about service, it is Lunarpages’ core focus.” – Top Web Hosting Reviews
- “Give Lunarpages a shot and you will not regret it.” – Upperhost
- “A killer hosting package.” – 100 Best
- “The BEST you can ever find.” – 10 Cheap Web Hosting
- “Lunarpages is the best webhost I’ve ever used. Every service works exactly as I would wish, and the customer service is fast and thoughtful – no prepackaged responses that are always mostly irrelevant. A real person deals with your question carefully in detail. Everything is right at Lunarpages – it’s a bona fide 10+. The attractively priced plans are rich with features.” — Jim Duncan
- “I must extend a huge high five to all the support folks at Lunarpages!! I have been an IT consultant for over 15 years and have dealt with more hosting companies than I care to admit, both small and large, and never have I been so incredibly impressed with any as I am with Lunarpages. By far, the most complete range of services in the easiest, most intuitive (and coolest) front end I’ve seen for an incredible price. But the support team takes the cake. Every issue, small or large, has been addressed immediately and correctly with zero hassle. Many, many thanks to all of you for making this such a pleasant experience. I certainly know where to send my clients from now on!!” — Pittman Wallace
- “I am still amazed that everytime I call customer support, the phone is picked up immedately! I have never once had to listen to droaning “muzak” while waiting to talk to an actual, live person. When I do need customer support, they are always friendly, and never rude if I don’t understand something fully. Great job!” — Jessica Johnston
What Lunarpages Says
Lunarpages Web Hosting was born from Add2Net in 2000, and our company continues to be managed by Ron Riddle and has never been traded or compromised since its humble beginnings. Several years ago, Ron and the company branched out from simple shared hosting to include Windows, Dedicated, Reseller, and most recently, VPS Hosting Plans.
With three datacenters (Los Angeles CA, Riverside CA and one in Las Vegas, Nevada), an optimized call center in La Habra, California, and several satellite technicians in various parts of the United States, Lunarpages is the premier web host in the world, hosting over 150,000 satisfied customers with more than 100 staff members worldwide. We truly love what we do and have never compromised our security, management, pricing, or services, while constantly remaining competitive to the industry’s ever-changing atmosphere.
As a new customer, we welcome you to the fold instantly and you can be sure that any problems you may have will be handled quickly and efficiently. As none of our technicians are outsourced, you can be assured that we are not cutting corners to try and save a few bucks – we are well-established and well-regarded as the biggest, most secure host in the industry.
Although Lunarpages is a driving force and we are responsible for some major influences and changes in the hosting industry, above all we will never lose our close-knit feel and attitude because our connections with each other and our community are the reason for our success.
Lunarpages isn’t simply a hosting company. We are a family.
As the leading web host in the industry, Lunarpages provides the best technicians, friendly support, and top-of-the-line hardware to transform your online presence. We offer various Web Hosting Plans that can be customized to your specific technical and personal requirements.
As always, Lunarpages helps small, medium, and big businesses gain the edge over their competition with 24/7 Award-Winning Support and immediate technical assistance. Our plans are not only affordable but put your business online in a secure and efficient environment, with reliable dual-core processors to back you up. Our on-demand Web Hosting Solutions will give you everything you need to get started and our Managed Dedicated Solutions assure that your machine runs smoothly, receives daily care, and will outperform any host out there.
Easy to manage Lunarpages’ Web Hosting Plans can:
- be an affordable solution to cut your business’ costs without compromising your website’s uptime
- provide online security, dependability, and scalability 24 hours a day
- assure focused development, management, and care of your server
- offer the ability to grow and mature with your website’s needs at any time, with no hidden costs to upgrade
- be the reliable choice you can count on as a business partner and associate with a trustworthy history and valued reputation
Lunarpages Web Hosting:
- offers an affordable, reliable choice for your website
- provides fast, secure processors
- hosts over 150,000 customers worldwide
- operates out of the most prestigious, state-of-the-art datacenters in One Wilshire and Las Vegas
- comprises more than 2500 fully-owned servers
- offers a robust, dual gig-E network